Bed Bug Removal
For Faster Service Call:
Bedbugs are one of the most dreaded pests, but not because of damage or cost to remove- but because they cause the inability to sleep and leave the owner of the home with red bumps all over their body. They’re hard to catch and reproduce at an astonishing rate. If you fail to kill even just one female, you will find yourself with 300 adults and 1000 new eggs. Not only that, but they crawl at an incredibly fast pace. Over-the-counter and home remedies aren’t effective, and it’s hard to diagnose the issue, to begin with. That’s where we come in. At Magic Touch Extermination and Wildlife Control, we can offer you not only peace of mind, but a bedbug-free home.
Why Bed Bugs Infest Our Homes
Bed bugs require blood to grow and survive. In order for a bed bug to mutate from larvae into an adult bed bug, they require a lot of blood. Since blood is so important to bed bugs, they’ll feed on your exposed body parts all night long. Unlike mosquitos, where just one bites you, there can be hundreds of bed bugs feeding off of you at one time. This means you lose a lot of blood during the night, making you feel dizzy and fatigued. Bed bugs prefer to be in places where they have access to exposed skin. This means your beds, furniture, and the area immediately surrounding furniture.
How to tell if you may have an infestation
If you notice that you have groups of red, itchy bumps, then you might have an infestation. It should be noted that these bumps look very similar to mosquito bites, but there will be many of them in a group together. Bed bugs are very small, so it’s incredibly difficult to see the bugs themselves. Other signs include brown and black stains on the linen from excrement. If you notice red bloodstains on the bed, then it might be the result of crushed bed bugs. If you notice these signs, it’s best to call a professional to determine if it is in fact a bed bug infestation.
What You Should Do
If you suspect that you might be the victim of a bed bug infestation, the best thing to do is to call us right away. Because bed bugs are so small, it’s extremely difficult for the untrained eye to determine if they do, in fact, have a bed bug infestation. If you call us, we can send out a team of professionally-trained workers to diagnose the infestation for you, allowing us to start treating it as soon as possible. Typically, workers will start in the area suspected of infestation and make their way through the house. Areas we look at include rugs, linens, furniture, and the area surrounding the furniture.
How We Treat It
We treat bed bug infestations by implementing a 24-hour supervised cleansing of the home. Our cleaning process is both convenient and affordable, allowing you to get a good night’s sleep without breaking the bank. We make sure that every part of the house is covered, ensuring that every last bed bug is killed and the infestation is cleared for good. We will also recommend the next course-of-action to ensure that bed bugs don’t make it back into your home.
After we finish treating the infestation, we will check to make sure that the bugs do not return. We will follow-up after the visit, checking to make sure that the bed bugs have not returned. If we discover that they have returned, we will discuss the next best course of action. We provide expert solutions while ensuring that the price remains within your budget.
How to treat bed bug bites
Bed bug bites are very itchy, often appearing as red bumps across the body. Generally speaking, over-the-counter anti-itch medicines are effective at treating the bites. Bed bug bites can range in severity, with some of them potentially turning into blisters. They may appear to be mosquito bites at first, but bed bug bites can be noted by just the amount of them that you’ll get. Often times they are grouped, with a group of red bumps being present. Itchiness will be present even if there are no bumps.
If you live in New York City or the Long Island area and need extermination or wildlife services, call Magic Touch Extermination and Wildlife Control today!
5 Top Remedies to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
No one likes finding bugs in their beds. Ticks, spiders, ants, and fleas are never a pleasing thing to find when you are making your bed in the morning or getting ready to get into bed for the night. Despite the name, bed bugs are not meant for beds. They are commonly found in beds, hence the name, but you should avoid having them in your bed at all costs. They do not belong there.
Bed bugs feed on the bodies of both animals and humans. If you have an infestation in your bed, you could likely find a few in your dog’s bed as well. They are incredibly small to the eye and are most active at night, so they can be difficult to detect until you regularly see small bumps or bites on your body that cannot be attributed to spiders or other home-invading bugs and insects. Bed bugs come out to feed on your blood during the night and then go away to hide after they are finished. That is why it may be difficult to initially detect what type of bug you have hanging around your bedroom.
If you have discovered a recent infestation of bed bugs in your home or bedroom, we at Magic Touch Exterminating and Wildlife Control can help you with the problems and also give you our top 5 home remedies that you can give a try first:
- One of the most effective methods of bed bug removal is Diatomaceous Earth. This is a common remedy used for the removal of several types of insects or bugs that invade the home. It is extremely effective and has the ability to eliminate over 90% of the bugs that have made their way into your home. Diatomaceous earth can take a decent amount of time to begin working as the bed bugs will need to come across the DE themselves, but it is one of the most effective and consistent methods of removal.
- Another home remedy that is commonly used is vinegar. Vinegar is extremely effective in killing bed bugs, but will not eliminate the eggs. The eggs typically survive spraying vinegar. If you spot the bed bugs themselves, you can spray the vinegar directly and eliminate them almost immediately. If you have no visual of the actual bugs, you can spray the areas that show signs of infestation. Coming into contact with the pre-sprayed vinegar can take care of the bugs as well.
- Rubbing alcohol is another simple method of removal and elimination. This will not stain any clothes or furniture. When the bug’s skin comes into contact with the rubbing alcohol it dries the skin out causing their death and elimination.
- A simple, but a slightly different method that can leave your room or bed smelling nice is using essential oils. Oils such as peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, and thyme, can assist in eliminating the bed bugs if they are sprayed directly onto the pests. Additionally, essential oils, like peppermint, are useful in keeping bed bugs and spiders away from your space. They are afraid of the smell, so keeping your room minty fresh can help in prevention as well.
- Vacuum the space. If you have noticed an infestation or bites on your skin, you know they are in your space. You can help eliminate them by thoroughly vacuuming the area. This will eliminate many of the bugs themselves and their eggs. Make sure to discard the bag away from your home.
If you have signs of bed bug infestations, have given home remedies such as these a try, and would still like assistance in effective and permanent removal, Magic Touch Exterminating and Wildlife Control can assist you in the process.
Schedule Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.
NY Wildlife is trusted by over 23,000 happy customers, see what our customers are saying!
“ Our granddaughter reacts very badly to mosquito bites, getting large lumps at the bite site and itching badly. This is the first summer she has been bite free and we don’t have to worry when she’s at our house. We deeply appreciate Magic Touch Exterminating and Wildlife Control!”
“ Your PEST CONTROL deserves a ten star rating!!!!!”
“ I wanted to tell you that we really enjoy having Jason as our technician. He is polite, professional and easy to talk to about any issues or concerns. Please give him a pat on the back from us for his good work. Thanks very much.”
Magic Touch Exterminating and Wildlife Control Awards & Affiliations